Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Easy, peasy, rice and cheesy.... Well, we'll do rice next time!

I was in a rush to make dinner tonight since we went to visit a friend after I picked up Malena from school. Malena had a great time jumping on her trampoline and visiting with her kids. She just loves their lanky lab puppy. I swear that dog is going to be a horse someday!

Anyway, I raided the fridge and came out with refried beans, corn on the cob, tortillas, and cucumbers. I toasted the tortillas and then filled them with beans and cheese and fried them in the skillet. Voila! Bean and cheese chimichangas. I boiled the corn on the cob and sliced the cucumbers, and dinner was served. This meal was a huge hit with the family, although Oscar said he would have liked another filler, maybe something like spanish rice. I'll definitely include that the next time I make this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment