Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Goin' TexMex Tonight!

Last night we enjoyed a delicious taco salad with homemade guacamole, per Oscar's request. I wasn't really into it, because he despises taco seasoning and says that "only white people use taco seasoning". LOL! Since I am white, and I love taco seasoning, I'll have to take his word for it.He ought to know since he grew up in a refried beans and tortilla home, and his mom can cook like nobody's business! So, I heavily seasoned the ground beef to give it some extra kick. The sour cream, guacamole, and salsa did the rest of the job and it was num, num, nummy!

I made refried beans from scratch to round out the meal, and we topped it off with brownies, still warm from the oven. Not exactly healthy, but our tummies were happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment